Data Scientist - Senior
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about finding patterns in data? And are you ready to solve complex and real-world problems with data science? Join the exciting world of forecasting and supply chain planning. At OMP, you work with state-of-the-art techniques like machine learning and neural networks to contribute to our R&D activities.
Are you the experienced Data Scientist we’re looking for? Read on.
As a data scientist, you explore, validate, and implement data science techniques and models to improve OMP’s supply chain planning solution. You capture market needs and stay up to date with the latest research in your domain. You formulate business requirements, build prototypes, and translate them into functional requirements and designs. You provide trainings and support to internal and external customers and participate in pre-sales activities.
You are responsible for:
- Growing expertise in data science to formulate business requirements, building prototypes, and translating them into functional requirements that can easily be fed into a technical design.
- Guiding new software developments throughout their life cycle by explaining functional requirements, validating, and documenting delivered functionality, and giving input on acceptance testing. This is carried out in close collaboration with the product manager, software engineers, and quality assurance engineers
- Working together with data science consultants to obtain relevant use cases, prototyping opportunities, and datasets to work on.
- Ensuring delivery of high-quality solutions through top class functional product design.
- Identifying and mapping market and project
- Staying up to date with the latest research in your domain.
- Training and supporting your colleagues in using the data science solutions you develop.
- Applying data science techniques to build prototypes with generic cross-industry product potential for specific customer problems.
As a Data Scientist, you’ll join the Data Science team as part of the Product Development team. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Master’s degree in Statistics or a similar quantitative discipline with a strong focus on statistics. A PhD is an advantage.
Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
An entrepreneurial mindset to look for innovative solutions for our customers’ master data, forecasting, and supply chain planning problems.
A passion for finding patterns and correlations in big datasets.
The ability to translate and present your findings in an understandable way to a non-technical audience.
Used to working autonomously.
5+ years of experience in machine learning.
Bonus points if you:
Knowledge of applying machine learning to optimization problems.
Practical experience in creating models from scratch, using one of the major deep learning packages such as TensorFlow or PyTorch.
Experience with data processing pipelines such as graphs, data lakes, semi-structured data and (Py)Spark.
Familiarity with Python.
An interest in product and platform development.
Good knowledge of cloud solutions such as the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
But most of all, you’re a great team player and fun to work with!
TensorFlow / PyTorch
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
As a data scientist you can grow into the role of data science consultant, product expert, product manager, software architect or team manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.