Developer Experience Engineer
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about your tools, such as IDEs, compilers, or version control? Do you have programming skills in C# and C++? Would you be willing to empower a team of over 200 engineers?
Become a Developer Experience Engineer at OMP!
As a Developer Experience Engineer, you work in an agile way in a team of 3-4 like-minded players. We expect you to own the tools you maintain, and to take users’ feedback very seriously. Our mission is to keep developer teams happy and productive.
You develop a broad range of C#, C++, and python tools, including (but not limited to) IDE extensions, package managers, version control, and the like. Together with a workgroup of experienced engineers, you collect user feedback and requirements from the developers. As a team, we take care of the complete lifecycle of OMP developer tools. We embrace continuous delivery and the best DevOps practices. Your manager and your coach are there to guide you.
Your daily work as a Developer Experience engineer includes:
- Thinking out-of-the-box to invent new tooling and reduce toil.
- Writing code for the new tools and extending the broad range we already have.
- Reviewing the code written by your colleagues.
- Collecting feedback and handling support tickets quickly and professionally.
- Collaborating closely with software engineers, testers, and IT professionals.
- Delivering software continuously, using pipelines, installers, and package managers.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll join the software development team, as part of the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in a relevant field.
A range of programming and technical skills.
Ability to work in a team.
Bonus points if you:
Relevant experience, including internships and hobby projects.
Programming skills, preferably in C#, C++, and python.
Knowledge of software delivery lifecycle and DevOps practices.
Experience creating extensions for Microsoft Visual Studio, or willingness to learn this skill.
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a software engineer grow into the role of software architect, software expert, project manager, or team manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.