Industry Sales Engineer - Life Sciences
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Do you like to develop commercial selling points and storylines? Do you enjoy applying your project expertise and industry knowledge to build convincing demos, proof of concepts, and sales assets that highlight the added value of our solutions? Would you love to use your industry expertise to grow into a trusted advisor for our customers?
In that case, you would make a perfect Sales Engineer.
As a Sales Engineer, you apply your project experience and industry knowledge to devise engaging industry-specific demos and proofs of concept. You support the Business Development team as an industry advisor during the sales process and work with the Delivery Advisory team on advisory assignments for your industry.
You are responsible for:
- Understanding and researching the competitive differentiators and unique selling points of our targeted industry solutions.
- Developing, fine-tuning, and managing our unique selling points and storylines for a range of products in one or more of our core industries.
- Showcasing your solution and industry knowledge at commercial conferences through networking and product demonstrations.
- Developing a set of industry-specific product demos based on your understanding of their key differentiators.
- Sharing input and feedback from prospects, customers, and the market at large with the Standard Demo team.
- Expanding the functionalities of the standard demo in coordination with the Standard Demo team.
- Engaging and convincing prospects and customers by presenting demos and starting the conversation.
- Translating customer-specific requirements into high level solution designs in close collaboration with customers and our internal competence centers.
- Documenting the proposed solution’s scope and project approach.
- Supporting the advisory team in advisory assignments within your industry.
- Assisting in the formulation of RFx responses with solution and industry expertise and providing marketing support.
- Acting as a trusted advisor towards our prospects and customers.
As an Industry Sales Engineer, you’ll join the Industry team, as part of our Customer Solutions organization. The Industry team realizes the targets and strategies set in the industry business plans together with the Commercial and Delivery teams. The Industry team guides and supports the Commercial and Delivery teams with industry-specific commercial expertise, advice, and solutions.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Mathematics, Programming, Supply Chain, or similar.
3-5 years of experience in supporting sales cycles.
In-depth knowledge of supply chain planning processes and solutions.
Advanced industry knowledge.
Experience in B2B sales, ideally in enterprise software solutions, cloud, the IT sector, or supply chain management.
Confidence when dealing with complex customer needs and various technology use cases, and the ability to adjust quickly when speaking with prospective clients.
A passion for the supply chain industry.
An excellent understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Experience with CRM systems, preferably Salesforce CRM.
An open mindset, people-oriented attitude, and natural curiosity.
A desire for responsibility and ownership.
Excellent and empathetic communication skills when writing, presenting, demonstrating, and relationship building.
Creative thinker with a strong character, argumentative nature, and convincing personality.
Mental flexibility and the readiness to go the extra mile, in terms of travel, working time, and projects.
The ability to perform both in intercultural teams and independently.
Outstanding process and organizational talent.
The ability to translate the requirements of prospects into convincing supply chain planning demo story lines.
Bonus points if you:
Knowledge of at least one language other than English.
Experience with supply chain planning solutions similar to OMP’s solution
Talent for Negotiation
Ownership of projects
Supply chain planning knowledge
Basic programming skills
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a sales engineer grow into the role of advisory consultant, excellence consultant, advisory manager, business development manager, commercial manager or develop into roles in people or project management.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.