We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about monitoring tools? Do you think alerts and data dashboards are key to following up the health of various systems? Are you ready to set up and extend our internal observability service as a part of our OMP Platform?
Is this you? Read on and become a Monitoring Engineer at OMP!
As a Monitoring Engineer, you deliver observability services as part of our OMP Platform. You combine the worlds of data producers and data consumers, as well as growing and maintaining the different tools and systems we use.
You are responsible for:
- Setting up and maintaining various tools and systems in the observability platform.
- Making sure the latest versions are used and all systems are well documented and delivered in code.
- Working closely with your team and internal customers such as operations, customer services, developers, and testers.
- Playing a key role in the observability service and building a scalable, easy-to-setup system.
- Maintaining observability as code by creating dashboards, setting up alerts, and ensuring they end in the right processes and systems for follow-up.
- Proactively following up on the evolution of the organization and proposing new ways to improve our observability service.
- Educating and training people on how to use the observability service.
As our new Monitoring Engineer, you’ll be part of the Platform Services team, which, in turn, fits into the bigger picture of the Technical Services organization. Technical Services equips our teams with the necessary technology, applications, and technical framework for them to do their jobs effectively and securely. The team is also responsible for designing cloud solutions and delivering our planning solutions as a fully managed service to our customers.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- At least a bachelor’s degree or similar by experience.
- Experience with DevOps tooling (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, or Kubernetes).
- Working experience with dashboards and queries in Grafana.
- Strong interest in observability tools and the evolution of the sector.
- Experience in programming/scripting with Python and bash/shell.
- Open to educating consumers about the observability service.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to connect with different stakeholders.
- The ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- A getting-things-done attitude and openness to do some standby time .
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building up an observability platform and combining various tools.
- Experience with tools like Azure Monitor and Azure Log Analytics.
Open to the evolution of the sector
Attention to detail
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as monitoring engineers grow into roles in monitoring expertise or platform engineering.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including health insurance, 401k plan (no waiting period), life insurance, paid vacation, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.