Product Expert Operations Research
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Do you have a passion for software systems and technology? Do you want to deep-dive into our solution’s functionality? And do you get a kick of bringing world-class planning solutions to global customers?
If so, you’d make a fabulous Product Expert at OMP.
As a product expert, you unleash your top-notch product knowledge in one or more planning domains to empower our commercial, marketing, and customer project delivery teams. You design and deliver world-class global, cross-industry planning solutions and bring new features created by your product development colleagues to the market. On top of that, you capture market needs, identify development opportunities for our product offering, and help to translate these insights into proposals for product development projects. Finally, you’re the global go-to person for product know-how questions in your area of expertise.
You are responsible for:
- Growing deep functional and technical expertise in at least two of our core product functions: network design, demand management, S&OP, operational planning, scheduling, cloud, data management & integration, or value enhancers. Your expertise spreads across all our key industries.
- Acting as the ‘go-to person’ for tough product-related questions during global and detailed design, as well as during the customer projects modeling and implementation phase.
- Providing expert support to our customer solutions team, external customers, and prospects regarding your area(s) of expertise.
- Identifying and translating market potential into product requirements for future product functions and features. This is carried out in collaboration with our product analysts and product managers.
- Serving as a sounding board during the design and execution of our product development road map.
- Sharing your expertise with our product consultants to help them grow their knowledge and solve customer-specific challenges related to your product domain.
- Growing into a thought leader for our product consultants and solution architects.
As a Product Expert, you’ll join Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- A Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Applied Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain planning or business software implementation.
- Great analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- A desire to take ownership of your projects.
- Strong affinity with IT systems.
- Basic programming skills.
- The flexibility to travel.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
Bonus points if you have:
- Affinity with mathematical modeling or machine learning.
- Experience in one of our core industries.
- Prior experience in product management for software development.
- But most of all, you are fun to work with and a great team player!
Proven expertise in your expert planning domain(s)
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a product expert grow into the role of solution architect, product manager, advisory manager, or team manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.