Python/C++ Data Science Software Engineer
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about achieving the maximum performance of our software by using C++? Are you excited about programming microservices using Python? And do you want to further improve your already impressive skills by learning from the best?
Look no further and become a Software Engineer at OMP! The world of supply chain planning offers plenty of interesting challenges for you to solve. Read on to learn more.
As a Software Engineer, you’re responsible for the technical analysis and development of a cutting-edge platform that runs algorithms and expert systems that predict future demand in our customer data. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architectural design, programming, and maintenance. We offer you autonomy, so you’re the proud owner of your code and take responsibility for it.
Your daily work as a Software Engineer includes:
- Writing code to develop the OMP Solution using modern C++ and Python, along with the newest features and development techniques.
- Discussing and validating the functional requirements throughout the development cycle together with our experienced product managers.
- Cooperating with data scientists, to develop a state-of-the-art platform for running forecasting algorithms.
- Maintaining and supporting your developments according to customer feedback.
As a Data Science Software Engineer, you’ll join the software development team, as part of the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- A Master’s in Software Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Python (numpy, pandas, fastapi, asyncio)
- Good knowledge and experience with modern C++.
- Basic understanding of Docker.
- Passion and pride in writing high-quality software.
- An analytical, creative, and strong mathematical and statistical mindset.
- Knowledge of techniques to keep computational complexity under control and optimize the use of hardware resources.
Bonus points if you have:
- Practical experience with applying time series forecasting algorithms.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Cloud
- Experience with TensorFlow / PyTorch.
Object-Oriented Design Patterns
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as Data Science Software Engineers grow into roles in software architecture, software expertise, project management, or people management.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.