C++ Software Engineer - Senior
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world's leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about programming? Eager to solve complex and real-world problems with smart software? And do you want to work in a team where you can learn from the best to improve your skills?
Become a Software Engineer at OMP! The world of supply chain planning offers plenty of interesting challenges for you to solve. Read on to learn more.
You are responsible for:
- Writing code that lives up to our high-quality standards in adherence to the agile methodology and compliant with the most recent standards of your preferred technology.
- Translating functional requirements into software design and algorithms.
- Finetuning and detailing designs into technical specifications.
- Discussing and validating functional requirements in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players and in close collaboration with our seasoned product managers and product analysts.
- Reviewing code written by your team members.
- Collaborating closely with software and quality assurance test engineers, functional analysts, technical writers, and project managers.
- Maintaining and supporting your developments according to user feedback.
- Growing your expertise and command of your favorite technology.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll join the software development team, as part of the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar. Alternatively, the equivalent by experience.
Passionate about writing high-quality software.
The eagerness to learn and stay on the edge of technology.
Excellent algorithmic and conceptual thinking.
A solid expertise in one or more of following domains: object-oriented programming, RESTful architecture, and/or functional programming.
Bonus points if you:
Relevant work experience, including internships.
Experience in using software development best practices (e.g., design patterns, UML, Git, automated testing).
A first experience in cloud-native technologies, streaming frameworks, service-oriented architecture, and API development.
But most of all, you are fun to work with and a great team player!
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a software engineer grow into the role of software architect, software expert, project manager, or team manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.