Development Project Manager
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world's leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about delivering top-notch product innovations? Are you ready to lead, guide and coach a project team of product experts, software engineers, and quality assurance test engineers? And do you take pride in delivering on your promises?
Look no further and become a Project Manager at OMP! The world of software development for supply chain planning offers plenty of interesting challenges for you to solve.
As a Project Manager, you coordinate and drive multiple software development projects in parallel. As we offer integrated solutions with a complex code base, you’ll apply your strong project management and people skills to manage large development project teams and facilitate collaboration across multiple teams. Your entrepreneurial mindset and constructive attitude inspire your team members to deliver world class solutions within the agreed timelines and budgets.
You are responsible for:
- Designing large, cross-team project tracks by proposing development budgets, identifying milestones, intermediate deliverables, and quick wins, in close collaboration with our product and software architects.
- Planning and managing your project team’s activities, scope, timeline, budget, and resources during the entire project life cycle from the initial scope negotiation and technical design to implementation, deployment, testing, and quality assurance.
- Driving collaboration, efficiency, and results in cross-functional project teams of product architects and analysts, software architects and engineers, quality engineers, technical writers, and development project coordinators.
- Applying agile project management procedures.
- Managing project risks and issues.
- Reporting on project progress and status to all stakeholders.
- Keeping your project team focused on the results in terms of quality, timing, costs, and customer satisfaction.
- Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers, delivery teams, team managers, and senior management.
- Driving the continuous development and improvement of our project management methodology and tools.
As a Project Manager, you’ll join our PMO team, as part of the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant field. Experience can substitute for a degree.
At least 5 years’ experience in managing software development projects.
Profound knowledge of project management and agile software development methodologies.
360° communication skills to connect easily with team members, senior managers, other development project managers, team managers, product managers, and consultants.
The ability to lead by example.
A born coach.
An eagerness to dive into technical details when required.
Open to occasional travel.
The ability to work under pressure and meet firm deadlines.
Bonus points if you:
Experience and knowledge of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations.
Project management experience with cloud-native technologies, streaming frameworks, service-oriented architecture, and API development.
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
As a Project Manager, you can grow into the role of program manager, team manager, or customer project manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.