C++ Software Architect
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about designing top notch software? Eager to solve complex real-world problems with smart software? And does defining and guarding software architecture give you a thrill?
If that’s the case, you’d make a perfect Software Architect at OMP.
As a Software Architect, you apply your advanced knowledge across our technologies and product range to build innovative technical designs. In collaboration with our product managers and product architects, who provide functional requirements, you define the architectural vision for the software in your scope in line with OMP’s road map. You guide and support our software engineers and software experts in translating your technical designs into high-quality software.
You are responsible for:
- Developing high-level technical designs of new software features with a special focus on the links and nodes between multiple product modules and components based on a clear vision on future extensions and robustness and considering all desired functionalities.
- Leading medium and large development projects according to agile methodology, through all steps of the software development life cycle from analysis, architectural design, programming, and testing to maintenance.
- Discussing and validating functional requirements with our product managers and product analysts.
- Guiding a team of software engineers and software experts to execute your technical design.
- Delivering the developed features according to our high-quality standards.
- Working closely together with our quality assurance test engineers and giving input about test scenarios.
- Validating the correct implementation of required technical features.
- Managing after-care once the development has been delivered, including future extensions, maintenance, and debugging.
- Designing and following up on large, cross-team project tracks by providing input for development budgets and identifying milestones, intermediate deliverables, and quick wins. This is carried out in close collaboration with the project manager and product architect.
- Playing a key role in defining and guarding the overall software architecture and design of our applications in close collaboration with fellow software architects.
- Building and maintaining a panoramic overview of relevant technological features and trends.
- Sharing your experience and know-how for several development projects.
- Developing best practices for software development, delivery, and technical educational materials.
- Making and keeping our applications future-proof by exploring improvements in other technologies.
- Serving as a top consultant to senior management in long-range planning concerning new areas of technical advancements.
As a Software Architect, you’ll join the Software Development team, as part of the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant field.
At least 5 years of work experience in designing and building software applications in modern-style C++.
A conceptual, generalist knowledge of different technologies and the curiosity to stay up to date with various technology stacks.
Good communication skills.
Excellent collaboration skills.
Pride in the high-quality software you design.
Bonus points if you:
Relevant experience in cloud-native technologies, streaming frameworks, service-oriented architecture, and API development.
Experience with working in remote teams.
Knowledge about testing systems.
But most of all, you are fun to work with and a great team player!
Team player in a global context
Taking ownership of your work
Solid theoretical and practical background in software and architecture design
Solid knowledge of modern-style C++
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a software architect grow into the role of product architect or software expert.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.