Inventory Optimization Consultant
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you ready to optimize the inventories of Fortune 500 companies and help them save millions? Are you fascinated by supply chain planning? And do you want to become part of our highly passionate team of supply chain experts?
If you answered yes, you might be the Inventory Optimization (IOP) Consultant we’re looking for. Read on to find out!
As an Inventory Optimization Consultant, you have one goal: provide your customers with our innovative IOP solution. This multi-echelon inventory optimization (MEIO) solution is part of OMP’s leading planning technology, which optimizes planning and decision-making for customers across our focus industries.
You assist customers through the entire project life cycle, and are responsible for:
- Finding clever inventory management solutions in collaboration with our solution architects to ensure correct implementation.
- Implementing the solution from start to finish, together with the customer’s project team.
- Providing expertise during and after implementation.
- Training customers and helping them to get the most of their solution.
Although you’ll be visiting customers regularly (about 20% of your time), you won’t be outsourced. This way you remain rooted in our team of experts and consultants.
As our new Inventory Optimization Consultant, you‘ll be part of the Customer Solutions team. Customer Solutions helps customers master their supply chain by finding and implementing innovative solutions. We add value, bring calm to the customer’s work floor, and raise satisfaction for everyone involved.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
Strong analytical skills, preferably complemented with a master's degree with a specialization in production management, logistics, or similar.
Knowledge of supply chain planning.
A keen interest in inventory optimization or management.
A real affinity for IT as you need to be willing to learn an entirely new software package.
Basic programming skills.
The flexibility to travel.
Fluent in English.
A passion for working in a multinational customer-driven environment.
A friendly and open approach to working in a team.
Bonus points if you:
A master’s thesis, PhD, or previous experience in inventory management.
Knowledge of state-of-the-art inventory optimization (IOP) algorithms.
Supply chain planning knowledge
Basic programming skills
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as Inventory Optimization Consultants grow into roles in project management, solution architecture, business development, or people management.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.