Product Analyst - Senior
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Do you want to shape our tools of tomorrow? Are you creative with a good eye for detail? And are you eager to sharpen your analysis and conceptual skills?
If so, look no further and become a Product Analyst at OMP!
As a product analyst, you analyze and document global, cross-industry product requirements to cover present and future customer needs. Guided by our product managers and product architects, you share your detailed findings with our software developers, capture user stories, explain the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’, and validate developments through demos and prototyping. In addition, you apply your product knowledge to help roll out new product developments in customer projects.
You are responsible for:
- Improving one of our core product functions: network design, demand management, S&OP, operational planning, scheduling, cloud, data management & integration or value enhancers.
- Gathering new business requirements in close collaboration with our product consultants and experts.
- Writing detailed descriptions of future functionalities and user stories, guided by our experienced product managers and architects.
- Explaining the business benefits of new developments to our software engineers.
- Guiding new software developments throughout their life cycle by explaining the functional requirements, validating and documenting the delivered functionality, and giving input on acceptance testing, all in close collaboration with our product manager, software engineers and quality assurance engineers.
- Validating our solutions and functionalities with different stakeholders.
- Providing specialist product support to implementation consultants across all OMP’s core industries in the fields of project delivery, documentation and training.
- Building prototypes with generic cross-industry product potential for specific customer problems.
As a Product Analyst, you’ll join the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Applied Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
Great analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
Keen to translate real-life challenges into workable, supportable software models given a set of constraints and requirements.
Strong affinity with IT systems.
Basic programming skills.
The skills to conceive and develop technical documentation.
A desire to take ownership of your work.
Able to master the details while keeping a global overview.
Comfortable at working under pressure, even with firm deadlines.
Bonus points if you:
5+ years of relevant experience in a supply chain planning (software) function or as a business, product, or functional analyst in a product development organization.
Knowledge of agile and scrum methodology.
Experience with SQL.
Affinity with mathematical modeling and/or machine learning techniques.
Prior experience in one of our core industries.
But most of all, you are fun to work with and a great team player!
Technical documentation skills
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a product analyst grow into the role of solution architect, product expert, product manager, or team manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.