.Net Software Engineer
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world's leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about programming? Eager to solve complex and real-world problems with smart software? And do you want to work in a team where you can learn from the best to improve your skills?
Become a Software Engineer at OMP! The world of supply chain planning offers plenty of interesting challenges for you to solve. Read on to learn more.
As a Software Engineer, you work according to the scrum methodology in a tight-knit group of 3-4 team players. We believe in an integrated approach, where every team member is involved in all steps of the software development life cycle: analysis, architectural design, programming, and maintenance. We expect you to be the proud owner of your code and take responsibility for it.
You design and develop a standard application in C# using the newest features and development techniques. The WebAPIs that you build using (ASP).NET Core are key in making our data accessible to the outside world.
Your daily work as a .Net Core Software Engineer includes:
- Analytical and creative thinking to translate customer requirements into software design and algorithms.
- Writing code that conforms to high-quality standards, enabled by state-of-the-art tooling, and ensured by unit tests (xUnit).
- Reviewing code written by your team members.
- Collaborating closely with scrum testers to give input about useful scenarios and to help debug where necessary.
- Maintaining and supporting your developments according to customer feedback.
As our new Software Engineer, you’ll be part of a large, fast-growing, international Software Development team located in Belgium (Antwerp, Ghent, Wavre), Spain (Barcelona), Ukraine (Lviv), and the US (Atlanta). Software Development creates leading software solutions that make a difference to our customers. We make smart, robust, and scalable software to solve complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A bachelor’s or a master’s degree in ICT, engineering, mathematics, or another relevant field.
Good knowledge of object-oriented programming.
Profound knowledge of the C# language and the (ASP) .Net Core framework.
Pride in the high-quality software that you write.
Bonus points if you:
Relevant work experience, including internships.
Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading, and distributed systems.
Good understanding of RESTful architecture and asynchronous programming
Experience with a service architecture.
Object-oriented & task programming
(ASP) .Net Core
Any other language
At OMP, we are eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as Software Engineers grow into roles in software architecture, project management, or people management.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.