We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about language? Do you love discovering new technologies and software? And do you enjoy transforming technical information into understandable content?
If that’s the case, you’ll love the job of Technical Writer at OMP.
As a Technical Writer, you create clear and user-friendly documentation to bring our consultants, alliance partners, and customers up to speed. You grow deep expertise in specific areas of our supply chain planning solution. Working with product managers and product architects, you create and update new material in line with upcoming product developments. In close collaboration with other writers, you improve documentation of processes, take the initiative to identify and bridge knowledge gaps, and improve our training offering.
You are responsible for:
- Writing and updating technical documentation on how to configure our OMP planning solution for colleagues, alliance partners, and customers.
- Keeping up with our newest product features.
- Growing into a company-wide expert and point of contact within your area(s) of expertise.
- Assuring knowledge dissemination by sharing best practices with your colleagues and building bridges between different teams.
- Taking ownership of your documentation projects.
- Proactively aligning with all relevant stakeholders.
- Performing assignments as a technical trainer, in line with your interests and talents.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll join the Training and Documentation team, as part of our Product Development organization. Training & Documentation supports knowledge building and knowledge management both at the side of the customers and within OMP. The team creates, develops, and improves learning formats, training materials, manuals and documentation for end users and consultants to help them fully understand and use the OMP Solution.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s or Master’s in Languages, Supply Chain, (Computer) Science, Engineering, or similar. Experience can substitute for a degree.
An excellent command of English (both written and spoken).
The ability to explain complex topics in a straightforward way.
A strong affinity with IT.
An analytical mindset.
An accurate and independent mindset.
Excellent communication skills.
Bonus points if you:
Experience in writing technical documentation.
Experience in teaching or technical training.
Experience with supply chain planning.
But most of all, you’re a great team player and fun to work with!
Affinity with IT
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a technical writer grow into the role of technical trainer, knowledge manager, knowledge expert, product analyst, or product expert.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.