Product Consultant Operations Research
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Do you like deep diving into one of our core products? Do you enjoy empowering others by sharing expertise? And does it thrill you to contribute to the future of our solution?
If that sounds good, a career as Product Consultant might be right up your alley.
As a product consultant, you use your expertise in one of our supply chain planning domains to support our customer project teams. In cooperation with our product experts, you implement project-specific solutions and best practices within your domain of expertise, with a focus on bringing new global, cross-industry product developments to the market.
You’re responsible for:
- Growing expertise in one of our core product functions: network design, demand management, S&OP, operational planning, scheduling, cloud, data management & integration, or value enhancers.
- Providing our solution architects with direct support within your specific product domain of expertise.
- Providing implementation consultants with specialist product support in the field of project delivery, documentation, and training across all OMP’s core industries.
- Solving customer-specific challenges related to your product domain, guided by our product experts.
- Briefing product managers on potential product differentiators and gaps in our product offering based on interactions with customers, implementation consultants and solution architects.
- Designing and building prototypes for specific customer problems on an occasional basis.
As a Product Consultant, you’ll join the Product Development organization. Product Development consists of specialized teams that focus on a specific domain such as demand and supply planning, user experience, data science, integration, solvers, and more. These teams drive our product road map, share OMP’s vision and expertise and create smart, robust, and scalable software solutions that solve our customers’ complex supply chain planning challenges.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Applied Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or similar.
Great analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
A desire to take ownership of your projects.
Strong affinity with IT systems.
Basic programming skills.
The flexibility to travel.
Comfortable under deadlines and pressure.
Bonus points if you:
5+ years of relevant working experience in supply chain planning or business software implementation.
Affinity with mathematical modeling and/or machine learning techniques.
Prior experience in one of our core industries.
But most of all, you are fun to work with and a great team player!
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
Many of our team members who start as a product consultant grow into the role of solution architect, product expert, product architect, product manager, or project manager.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including health insurance, 401k plan (no waiting period), life insurance, paid vacation, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.