Senior Systems Engineer
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes the supply chains of the world’s leading companies with our own smart software and services.
Are you passionate about supporting a challenging ICT landscape in a fast-growing, innovative and global environment? Are you ready to maintain OMP’s entire computer network ensuring the company runs smoothly? And do you have a hands-on approach combined with technical expertise?
If so, read on to learn how you can become OMP’s newest ICT System Engineer
As an ICT System Engineer, your main focus is looking after the ICT infrastructure of all our global offices. This includes the setup and support of our users and client systems: Windows laptops/desktops, iPhones, printers, and presentation systems. Besides hardware there’s also software, including client security with virus scanning and mobile device management, as well as asset management. You provide support for all our offices, colleagues working from home, and project teams present at customer locations.
You daily work as an ICT System Engineer includes:
- Supporting the challenging ICT landscape within our software development and consultancy environment. The infrastructure covers WAN, LAN, WLAN networking and security, Windows servers and clients, video conference systems, and collaboration platforms.
- Upholding a large variety of software suites, such as Exchange, Office 365, etc.
- Solving support requests coming in via our ticketing system
- Assisting in ICT projects, such as new hardware and software standards and their deployment methods, and automation. Where relevant, you also pay special attention to security and disaster recovery.
- Becoming involved in other parts of the infrastructure such as server management, both physical and virtual, and networking depending on your skillset and interests.
In summary, you will work with the following infrastructure:
- Server: Windows Server 2012-R2 / 2016 / 2019, with various software suites such as Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, Backup, VMWare, and some Linux appliances.
- Security: firewalls, virus scanning, VPN, and DMZ.
- Communication: VoIP, MS Teams, video collaboration, SharePoint, and mobile devices.
- Network: Access Lan, Backbone, Wireless Lan, Routing, and Switching.
As our new ICT System Engineer, you’ll be part of the Technical Services team in a fast-growing international company. Technical Services equips our teams with the necessary technology, applications, and technical framework for them to do their jobs effectively and securely.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor in ICT or equivalent by experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar position.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of client systems, Windows servers, networks, Windows desktop OS, and a variety of PC Software.
- A passion for computer-related technology.
- A motivated, and team-oriented approach to internal customer problems that helps you deliver solutions.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of Apple iOS, VMWare, and Microsoft Powershell
- Experience with trending technologies such as:
- Nutanix for virtualization.
- Kubernetes for a future-proof development backend.
- Azure for cloud-based device and user administration.
- TIG-stack (Telegraf – InfluxDB – Grafana) for monitoring.
- DevOps principles for cross-team collaboration.
Windows desktop OS
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including health insurance, 401k plan (no waiting period), life insurance, paid vacation, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 1,000 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.