Software Development Manager
We are OMP, a game changer that optimizes supply chains of the world's leading companies with our very own smart software and services.
Do you speak the language of software developers and management? Do you take pride in helping other people grow? Are you ready to lead a winning team?
Look no further and become a Software Development Manager at OMP! The world of supply chain planning offers plenty of interesting challenges for you to solve.
As a Software Development Manager, you’re the leader, coach, and inspiration for a global team of skilled software engineers.
Your team is your top priority. Are they collaborating efficiently? Do they get the right opportunities and challenges to develop their skills? Your people, project management, and technical skills make teamwork a success. You set assignments and share feedback that encourages your team to take things to the next level.
In close collaboration with our Functional Product Manager, you create a reliable release plan. During execution, you are responsible for ensuring all priorities are met and all stakeholders are kept informed about progress. You also take part in development project(s) to maintain and improve your technical skills.
To make sure our (agile) development process is correctly executed, you:
- Follow up on all steps from the initial scope negotiation with the Functional Product Manager and technical design to implementation, testing, and quality assurance.
- Stay on top of the agile process to ensure development topics are delivered on time and our high-quality standards are met.
- Delegate to our technical leads, senior developers, and dedicated scrum testing team. But, when necessary, you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Encourage team members to share feedback and ideas, and empower them to realize these suggestions.
- Facilitate and coordinate cross-team collaboration, with other development teams, but also with our scrum testing, QA, and documentation teams.
Lastly, you’re happy to work internationally and travel to multiple locations depending on the geographical spread of your team.
As our new Software Development Manager, you’ll be part of a large, fast-growing, international Software Development team located in Belgium (Antwerp, Ghent, Wavre), Spain (Barcelona), Ukraine (Lviv), and the US (Atlanta). Software Development creates leading software solutions that make a difference to our customers. We make smart, robust and scalable software to solve complex supply chain planning challenges.
Our team is divided into smaller subteams, each focused on a specific domain within our innovative solution. We try to find the area that matches your interests. Which of the following teams is right for you?
Cutting edge supply chain planning and forecasting applications that address the key challenges of our focus industries.
Graphical user interface (GUI) developments in collaboration with human-centered design experts that focus on improved user experience (UX).
Data integration to connect our software with data from external ERP systems.
Data science and optimization – mathematical algorithms for smart supply chain optimization and demand forecasting.
Building low level, generic frameworks and APIs that are used by our other developers.
We are looking for someone who meets the following qualifications:
A Master or PhD in ICT, Engineering, Mathematics, or another relevant field.
Experience in managing and coaching a software development team.
Knowledge of all the ins and outs of project management and agile software development.
Great 360° communication skills so you can connect easily with team members, senior managers, coaches, other development managers, product managers, and consultants.
The ability to lead by example, as well as being a born coach with the skills to steer a team.
The eagerness to dive into technical details when required.
Bonus points if you:
Experience and knowledge of the benefits and pitfalls of working in virtual teams spread over multiple locations.
C++ expertise and a good knowledge of object-oriented programming. If not, you’re willing to learn modern C++.
Experience with design patterns, UML, algorithmic thinking, multi-threading, and distributed systems.
Willingness to travel.
Any other language
At OMP, we’re eager to find your best career fit. Our talent management program supports your personal development and empowers you to build a career in line with your ambitions.
As a Software Development Manager, you can grow along with the company.
At OMP, we offer more than just a job. We put people first and inspire you to become the best version of yourself.
- International: A growing global company, worldwide career opportunities, and multicultural teams
- Benefits: An attractive salary package including an optional company car, a bike incentive program, additional extralegal vacation days, and other competitive benefits
- Flexibility: Teleworking, flexible hours, and lots of autonomy
- Lifelong learning: A custom training and development track, an extensive coaching program, and on-the-job learning
- Empowerment: Room for initiative and creativity and an emphasis on entrepreneurship
- Innovation: Encouragement to think differently through cross-team collaboration and innovation challenges
- Well-being: A caring and inspiring environment, promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle through a wide range of facilities and activities
- Teamwork: Join a team that lifts you up and learn from the best
We are OMP, a leading game changer in supply chain planning solutions. The world’s largest companies count on our smart software and services to optimize their supply chains.
Are you ready to join a team of more than 900 passionate, creative team players of over 50 nationalities? We work as one team from our head office in Belgium and regional offices in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, the Netherlands, Spain, Ukraine, and the US.
We care for our people. True to our innovative spirit, we believe in growing talent and in boosting expertise. Our happy customers include Bridgestone, Johnson & Johnson, PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, and Shell.
Want to learn more? Visit careers.omp.com/our-company.